... tackling one recipe at a time

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Halsey Tart: The Original Twix

I'm taking a break from baking macarons this weekend, so I tried out a recipe which I had been wanting to try for a long time: Halsey Tart. The description in the recipe book said that it was the original version of Twix (the candy bar). The recipe yields a 9-inch tart, but I wanted to make it more similar to the size of a candy bar so I made small round tarts instead of one big one. Basically, the tart consisted of chocolate short dough, caramel whipped cream, creamy caramel sauce, and chocolate ganache. I sprinkled the tops with a little bit of gold sugar just for decorative purpose. The chocolate short dough was a little bit too bitter for me, but it actually worked quite well with the sweetness of the caramel. Overall, it was good, but still it was not the same as Twix. Next time, I'll probably use regular short dough, instead of chocolate, to make it more similar to Twix.

No comments:

Post a Comment