... tackling one recipe at a time

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Reminiscing the good times.. Owl Cupcakes!

I'm not in a good mood today. First, I worked like crazy and didn't get to sit down until 4 pm. Second, my boyfriend of 4 years and one of my best friends went home to Indonesia for good this morning. Gosh... I'm soooo sad!!!! I can't stop thinking about the good times we had and gosh... tears, please stop rolling down... I had to find something to do to take my mind off the sadness of bidding farewell. One thing that immediately came to mind was the owl cupcakes that I and my best friends made. It was about a year ago and as usual we were bored during one weekend, so we made owl cupcakes from "Hello Cupcake".
(my best friend who went  home for good took this picture, left: me, right: my other best friend who's in NYC now)

Since I was reminiscing the past, I decided to make the owl cupcakes. I had all the ingredients I needed for the cupcakes, which were cake mix, frosting, Oreos, and M&Ms.

Owl Cupcakes

Ingredients:
Cake mix (baked into cupcakes)
Frosting
Oreos
M&Ms

Directions:
1. Frost cupcakes with frosting.
2. Attach two Oreo halves (the sides with the cream filling) onto the cupcakes as the owls' eyes.
3. Stick one brown M&M onto each Oreo half.
4. Put one yellow M&M in between each Oreo halves for the owl's beak.
5. Cut the Oreo halves without the cream filling in half and insert one on each side of the cupcake for the owl's ears.
6. Pipe feathers using leftover frosting on the owls' ears, foreheads, and cheeks.
7. Done!

I didn't have much chocolate frosting left, so I covered the cupcakes with vanilla frosting and piped the feathers using a mix of chocolate and vanilla frosting. The result...

Cute aren't they :D Sighhh... too bad my boyfriend is not here to enjoy them with me :( Oh well, at least I still have these little owls to accompany me.. Until then...

1 comment:

  1. cute... :) nice,, still waiting 4 another cupcakes

    ReplyDelete