... tackling one recipe at a time

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Simply Red and White

My fridge was full of all kinds of food already, but I couldn't resist the temptation of making something after I got pre-made graham cracker crust from work. What did I make in the end? Follow my thought process below:

Fruit tart? Boring. Banana cream pie? Don't feel like it. Cheesecake? Hmm... Simple, but I can always use some cheesecake. I don't want a plain cheesecake though, what flavors work best in cheesecake? I want it to be fresh but indulgent, sweet but not too sweet, hmm.. White chocolate raspberry cheesecake it is, yummm!

That is how I usually decide on what I want to make :) Anw, I decided to make white chocolate raspberry cheesecake and then I faced the usual dilemma: to bake or not to bake. I was too lazy to deal with the drama of baked cheesecake and I still had some heavy cream left, so I went forward with no-bake cheesecake. I used my recipe for no-bake cheesecake in my post: "To bake or not to bake: Cheesecake dilemma" and I added some melted white chocolate into the batter. Poured the batter into the pre-made graham cracker crust, put it in the fridge until firm, put some fresh raspberries on top, and lastly drizzled melted white chocolate all over the raspberries, voila! Done!


I love how the red raspberries contrast with the white cheesecake and white chocolate. Simple but so pretty! When I bit into a spoonful, the fragrance of the raspberries immediately filled my mouth, then I tasted the sweet white chocolate and the velvety tangy cheesecake. Mmmm... sooo good.. Next time you have a party, make this and I'm sure you'll impress your guests with this easy, elegant, and tasty dessert :)

No comments:

Post a Comment