... tackling one recipe at a time

Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Sunny Sunflower Cupcakes

It was unbelievably hot today. Seriously, my skin was burning. The sun was sooo huge, I felt like I could see the craters on its surface. I'm glad we have air con in our apartment, otherwise my sweat would have formed one of the millions of lakes in Minnesota. Anw, as always, I was bored after I came home from lunch with my fellow interns. Sitting on the couch and looking at the sun, I thought.. hmm.. sun.. sunny... sunflower!! I still had a lot of cake mixes and yellow and green frostings leftover from making the burger cake, so making sunflower cupcakes was a no brainer. I ran to the nearby grocery store and bought Oreos and M&Ms, now I was ready to make some cute sunflower cupcakes :)
Sunflower Cupcakes

Ingredients:
Cupcakes (baked from scratch or boxed mix)
Chocolate frosting
Yellow frosting
Green frosting
Oreos
M&Ms

Directions:
1. Spread a thin layer of chocolate frosting on the cupcakes.
2. Attach one Oreo on each cupcake.
3. Using a leaf piping tip, pipe out leaves with green frosting at the perimeter of the cupcakes.
4. Using a leaf piping tip, pipe out 2 layers (bottom layer all around first, then build another layer on top of it) of sunflower petals around the Oreos with yellow frosting.
5. Attach a red M&M on one side of each Oreo with chocolate frosting and pipe the ladybug definition on the M&M also using chocolate frosting.
6. Done! Easy right?


What a nice way to kill time and celebrate the sunny weather! The cupcakes didn't taste that good though, since I used canned frosting and boxed mix. If you want them to taste better, just make everything from scratch (not the Oreoa and M&Ms of course) and use good quality ingredients. They still looked pretty regardless, so I was pretty satisfied :) Alrighty then, now go make your own sunflower cupcakes (^.^)

3 comments:

  1. hell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phong cách hiện đại là phong cách phổ biến, bao gồm do go noi that, do go noi that phong khach, do go noi that nha bep, do go noi that phong ngu... để nhận ra phong cách này, màu xám hay màu gỗ tự nhiên là ý tưởng trang trí được áp dụng. Các thành phần nội thất phổ biến trong những căn phòng này là mau ghe sofa phong khach, tu phong ngu, giuong ngu, một số màu sắc như màu xám, nâu, đen hoặc màu sắc có liên quan đến màu tối để những người có thể tạo ấn tượng sang trọng. Ý tưởng trang trí bằng gỗ xuất hiện trong noi that van phong vì họ thấy rằng nó sẽ khiến văn phòng trông sạch sẽ và tươi sáng, tạo nên nét duyên dáng đặc biệt trong không gian làm việc riêng của từng người.sat my thuat, gia cong sat, gia cong inox

    ReplyDelete