... tackling one recipe at a time

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Boy Meets Girl Cake

I saw this engagement cake posted by Hello Naomi and I fell in love with it. It is too cute! I love love love the floating balloon on the cake, simple yet very pretty. I wanted to make something similar, but with fondant-covered tiered cakes instead of cupcakes. Hello Naomi's inspiration was a picture from BoldLoft "Boy Meets Girl" collection, so I went to their website and started looking for ideas. They had a lot of very cute illustrations on their website, but some of them were very complicated or not suitable for tiered cakes. I started doodling and came up with an idea which included Hello Naomi's floating balloon decoration. Since the main purpose of this was for me to practice my cake decoration techniques, I used cake mix and canned frosting for the base. Personally, I really like the cake, despite the uneven bottom tier and rather sloppy fondant covering. Not bad though for a first trial :D



1 comment:

  1. style phá cách là cá tính ưa thích, bao gồm do go noi that , do go noi that phong khach , do go noi that nha bep , do go noi that phong ngu ... để nhận ra style này, màu xám hay màu gỗ tự nhiên là sáng tạo trang hoàng được áp dụng. những thành phần vật dụng trong nhà thịnh hành trong những gian phòng này là mau ghe sofa phong khach , tu phong ngu , giuong ngu , một số gam màu như màu xám, nâu, đen hoặc màu sắc có liên quan đến màu tối để các người có thể tạo dấu ấn sang trọng. sáng tạo làm đẹp bằng gỗ xuất hiện trong noi that van phong vì họ thấy rằng nó sẽ khiến siêu thị trông sạch sẽ và tươi sáng, tạo nên nét duyên dáng đặc thù trong diện tích học tập riêng của từng người. sat my thuat , gia cong sat , gia cong inox

    ReplyDelete