... tackling one recipe at a time

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day: World Toothache Day

I never understand why Valentine's day is closely associated with sweets. Chocolates, candies, cakes, yada yada yada.. It's practically a World Toothache Day or World Dental Cavity Day :p Well, I guess it's one more reason to eat more sweets. Anw, this year I actually didn't have to make anything for Valentine's because my boyfriend is not here. But I missed thinking of new sweets to make and scrambling to finish making chocolates or cakes without him finding out what I was doing. So, I decided to make some sweets for myself. The first one was a fondant rose cake. It was my first attempt at piping, so pardon the messiness. I didn't taste the cake at all, because it was made from cake mix and instant buttercream. My intention was only to decorate it and make it look pretty, so that cake is still sitting on my kitchen counter until today. The second sweet was much more delicious. It was blueberry cheesecake bittersweet chocolate truffle and I also made a raspberry cheesecake version of the truffle. I decorated the truffles with chocolate transfer sheet, mannn was that hard. My truffles were square and smooth, but they became messy after I applied the transfer sheet :( They still taste good though. The last sweet was rose-raspberry macarons. It's been a while since I last made macarons. I made it once in Jakarta and it was terrible, so I was relieved when my macarons rose and didn't crack. I filled the shells with rose-raspberry swiss meringue buttercream. It was a tad too sweet for me, but it was good regardless. I bet my friend, Nadine, will love it just because her tolerance for sweetness is higher than normal people :D Alrighty, pics are below as usual, happy Valentine's ^^




4 comments:

  1. They all look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Those sweets are, indeed, so tempting. My sweet tooth suddenly woke up! Hmn, I also love to eat sweets, and I can't resist indulging in the chocolates that my husband gives me every Valentine's. Well, I hope my dentist wouldn't get mad at me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. gu thẩm mỹ hiện đại là trường phái ưa thích, bao gồm do go noi that , do go noi that phong khach , do go noi that nha bep , do go noi that phong ngu ... để nhận ra style này, màu xám hay màu gỗ nguyên từ cây là sáng tạo làm đẹp được áp dụng. các thành phần nội thất ưa thích trong các gian phòng này là mau ghe sofa phong khach , tu phong ngu , giuong ngu , một số màu sơn như màu xám, nâu, đen hoặc màu sắc có liên quan đến màu tối để những người có thể tạo điểm đặc biệt hoành tráng. phát minh làm đẹp bằng gỗ xuất hiện trong noi that van phong vì họ thấy rằng nó sẽ khiến nhà hàng trông sạch sẽ và tươi sáng, tạo nên nét duyên dáng đặc biệt trong diện tích học tập riêng của từng người. sat my thuat , gia cong sat , gia cong inox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read moreJogos online
    friv free Games
    play Games friv 2020

    ReplyDelete